We work with physicians, healthcare professionals and patients to prevent non-medical use of prescription painkillers.
- Overdose kills more people nationwide than car accidents.
- 190 Americans die every day of a drug overdose.
- 75% of young people who misuse
- Prescription painkillers get them from friends and family, not doctors.
- 3 out of 4 new heroin users report having abused painkillers prior to using heroin.
- Although the national rate of overdose from prescription painkillers has flattened out in recent years, the rate of heroin overdoses has tripled in the last five years.
Our program delivers a number of benefits to your clients, injured workers and employers:
- Reduced length & cost of opioid drug treatment
- Reduced risk of addiction
- Reduced risk of drug abuse
- Reduced adverse effects of pain treatment
- Reduced medical costs
- Enhanced patient recovery
- Increased likelihood of a quick return to work
- Decreased disability
A multifaceted pain management program which begins with a consultation with our pharmacists who have special expertise in pain medication control.
- Screening and assessment tools
- Electronic Alerts (e.g. text, email)
- Letters (appointment calendars)
- Reports (mailed to physician)
- Opioid Rx risk calculation tools
- Independent pharmacotherapy evaluations
- Monitoring programs which include, urine drug screenings
- Clinical guidance documents
- PharmD clinical tele-consultations
- Clinical Articles & Educational Programs
- Drug Information Line