- Our certified Pharmacists and staff work with your facility to answer any medication questions
- We have certified DD nurses on staff to assist
- Provide seminars, webinars, and training
- Efficient and timely dispensing and shipment of medications
- Highly responsive billing and medical records team
- 100% visibility and control
- Customized medication packaging solutions
The excessive use of psychotropic medicines, especially antipsychotic medicines, sedatives, and hypnotics, can lead to significant adverse events. Our pharmacists have proved to have a positive impact in patients on psychotropic medicines. Monthly meetings are arranged by our pharmacists with the caregivers and families of individuals with DD/ID where individual medication regimens are discussed. This leads to happier, more functional and informed patients.
Community Care Rx works closely with education settings for those with Developmental Disabilities (DD), keeping in mind that students with disabilities deserve time to excel. Using our program, LearnMyMeds™, we teach individuals with DD how to use their prescribed medication to breed independence. We teach them by offering monthly in-service medication literacy classes to students and staff by a consultant pharmacist.
What we usually do with education settings in DD are the following:
- Total Medication Management and individualized services by specialty pharmacists
- Focused on adherence packaging (for compliance) and educating our students about their medication
- All medications prepared and packaged in one monthly easy to use tray
- Medication Synchronization to stop multiple Pharmacy trips and unnecessary hospital visits
- One-on-one consulting services between our pharmacist and the student or their guardian
Community Care Rx is a long-term care pharmacy located in Hempstead, New York and Totowa, New Jersey. We are able to service Long-Term Care facilities and their residents of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
Community Care Rx – New York
86 Front Street
Hempstead NY 11550
Community Care Rx – New Jersey
225 Route 46 West, Suite 4
Totowa, NJ 07512